Specialty steel fabrication and machine shop located in Valdosta, GA has an immediate requirement for a Quality Control Manager. The role will take full responsibility for planning, coordinating and directing quality control programs designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards, such as ASME, AWS, and NBIC.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions of the position to include the following (other duties and responsibilities may be assigned):
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability
- Directs, through intermediate personnel, workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Receives and inspects materials for code jobs.
- Generates code reports (i.e. traveler, inspection reports, calculations and drawings).
- Maintains all code documents for the company.
- Schedules and guides code inspection visits.
Needs a strong steel fabrication background, an understanding of welding, fitting and millwright-type work. Must have a high school education with technical training or equivalent experience involving at least seven years on the job in industrial construction. Also, must have the ability to supervise and evaluate others on their capabilities and limitations. AWS Certification is highly desired. Must be able to read blueprints.
To apply, please email the application below to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via telephone or postal mail. Please note you will be asked to come for an in-person interview and drug screening.